Live For Today

THERE'S NO WRITTEN GUARANTEE
And things that happened yesterday
Belong to history
I can’t predict the future
I cannot change the past
I have just this present moment
I must treat is as my last.

I must use this moment wisely
For soon it will pass away
And be lost to me forever
As part of yesterday


I MUST EXERCISE COMPASSION

Help the fallen to their feet
Be a friend to the friendless
Make empty life complete


I MUST MAKE THIS MOMENT PRECIOUS
For it will not come again
And I can never be content
With things that might have been
Kind words I fail to say this day
May ever be unsaid
For I know not how short may be
The path that lies ahead


THE UNKINDEST THING I DO TODAY
May never be undone
And friendship that I fail to win
May nevermore be won
I may not have another chance
On bended knees to pray
And thank God with humble heart
For giving me this day


I MAY NEVER SEE TOMORROW
But this moment is my own
Its mine to use or cast aside
The choice is mine alone
I have this precious moment
In the sunlight of today
Where the dawning of tomorrow
Meets the dusk of yesterday.

  
Live For Today, By Margo L Daniel, 1997

Home Home Home